27 January 2009

SOLAR ECLIPSE

As mentioned in most of our local newspapers and news, there are going to have a solar eclipse on 26th of January which is yesterday starting from 4.30pm to 7pm. I was excited and really2 want to see the eclipse, I never seen it before and from what I know, the last time the eclipse happened in Malaysia was on the 22nd of August 1998 which is about 9years ago. So yesterday, my family and I went to Muar to attend my brother-in-law's 'kenduri cukur jambul'. Around 4.15pm we went back to Melaka. Before this, someone told me that if we want to look at the eclipse, we cant look directly to the sun as it will hurt our eyes and due to the bad radiation. We need at least a photo film and use it to look at d eclipse but still its not d best and still not safe. But the thing is I don't have any film. The film that I have is at my old house now and I'm lazy to go back there and take it. So as we were heading to Melaka I was thinking on how to look at the eclipse when I have no film or any eclipse glasses to look use. Suddenly I saw the sun eclipsing thru my sister's car silver tinted film. So I watch the eclipse and I didn't know that this time, the eclipse wont be a full solar eclipse in Malaysia but just partial eclipse. So at first I got disappointed because I couldn't see the eclipse forming into a "RING ECLIPSE" but I only saw it form to a thin sickle(sabit). Then it got covered in the clouds. About 10minutes or so, the clouds clear of and the eclipse already on its way to end. When I got home, I searched for an article about yesterday's solar eclipse and I found out its only a partial solar eclipse and the max solar eclipse happen at about 4.50pm the when I saw the thin sickle solar eclipse. Okay that's the story and I'll post up the pictures took from the Internet to give you especially those who never see solar eclipse before on how the eclipse look like. I'm gonna show only partial solar eclipse k. =)

Those pictures looks exactly like what I saw yesterday with the dark clouds surrounding the solar eclipse and for your info, you can only see the eclipse properly only when there are thin clouds cover the sun and you won't be able to look at the eclipse thru a film when there is no cloud covering it. I'm not sure about solar eclipse glasses, I'm sure it will be a better view to see thru it with or without the clouds.

Ku bersyukur kehadrat Allah kerana DIA memberiku peluang melihat kuasaNYA melalui gerhana matahari yang jarang2 sekali berlaku di Malaysia. Aku tidak tahu berapa lama aku dapat bernafas di bumi yang sementara dan bila ajalku akan sampai. Alhamdulillah, aku dapat saksikan kuasaNYA sebelum ku menghembuskan nafasku yang terakhir.

AMIN YA RABBAL ALAMIN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cantiknya!!!

i dpt tengok towards the end sj sebab lupa. :'(

adnaezsis said...

lor...
this coming july will have another one but u have to go to china..
hahahaha...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...