18 December 2009

Feline Panleukopenia

What happen to my cats? All of sudden 2 of them died within 24 hours. At first I thought they got poisoned by some poisonous animal but still it doesn't look right cause after a few days i struggled to heal Tebeng, she look worsened day by day. But when I posted about the death of Tebeng, someone told me that it was feline panleukopenia. What is that? It was some sort like a human virus H1N1 or more commonly known as swine flu. She asked me to bring the suspected ones to vet asap which at that moment was Tammy. I went downstairs right away to give Tammy glucose and protein shake to make her stronger till tomorrow so that i could bring her to vet. But she refused to accept any of the glucose and she looked suffered. After about 15 minutes she struggled with her pain, I heard her scream as loudly as she could and when I look at her she's gone. That really leaves a deep mark in my life. I've seen cats died in front of me but I don't remember them being so suffering like Tammy. I was speechless. Now I'm worry about my other cat named Kenit. She looks like she's infected but she's been missing since morning. And this is what I got from my friend who is a vet:

"Feline panleukopenia =feline distemper=feline infectious enteritis
Viral infection, fast spread, often fatal, more severe in kittens. Unvaccinated cats prone to get. Do immediately vaccinate ur cats when age reach 6 mths.
Virus – FPV (feline panleukopenia virus)
Most cases r subclinical (x nampak tanda2 sakit). Signs being infected – fever, depress, vomit, anorexia (x nak mkn), diarrhoea (cirit).
Young kittens will die in 24hrs after infections.
Wat 2 do – bring urgently to vet clinic! Its a virus...no antibiotics for virus! Need monitoring, fluid theraphy, supportive care....even to d level need blood transfusion.
Since da 2 ekor mati in within 24hrs...shown that u r facing with viral diseases. I already suspect that. But don no what kind of virus. Bear in mind that all ur cats have tendency already affected with this FPV! This virus spread widely & very fast. Send them to clinic asap."

Thank you guys for all ur supports

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...