30 December 2008

Prepaid MasterCard

I wanted to buy prepaid MasterCard since last week. I've been searching info for the pros & cons for each and every single prepaid MasterCard available in Malaysia. Currently there are 4 kind of prepaid MasterCard. Firstly, some info you should know about Prepaid MasterCard is that this is not a debit card where u can swipe your card whenever your account is still full of money nor a credit card where you can simply swipe your card till the max and you have to pay back to the bank with some interest. Basically Prepaid MasterCard works just like your telco prepaid, when you top up your card and there is some money in your card, you can use it till it finish and when there is none, u cant simply swipe the card. So like I said just now, there are 4 Prepaid MasterCard available (correct me if I make a mistake). The banks that offer Prepaid MasterCard are Ambank (Ambank NexG Prepaid MasterCard), RHB Bank (RHB Plus One eCash Prepaid MasterCard), EON Bank (EON Bank Group MOL Freedom Prepaid MasterCard) and Islam Bank (Bank Islam Tourist Friend MasterCard Unembossed Prepaid). I'm interested to buy what RHB offered. So, I went to RHB in Bukit Baru this morning and asked about the card and the man said that I need to have a RHB account in order to subscribe the card but too bad that I'm loyal to CIMB Bank. So I asked the man how much do I need to pay to open an account? He said that I need RM200 to open an account with ATM card but without account book, with the book I need to add another RM50. Forget it! I thought. I've been doing some research bout all 4 cards and none of them mention about whether we need to have an account to subscribe the card except for Ambank. To purchase Ambank NexG Prepaid MasterCard, one do not need an account. So I head for Ambank in Ayer Keroh and at last I got it for RM25. FYI, I need a MasterCard to purchase stuff from the internet and I don't like credit card. So for those who do not plan to get a credit card, I recommend Prepaid MasterCard! You'll be 100% safe. Trust me, if you are afraid of financial problems that always occur from a credit card, you wont be facing these problems if you use prepaid MasterCard.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...